The Prague UNESCO City of Literature project has offered a residency programme for authors from other UNESCO Cities of Literature since 2015. A call for applications for the year 2018 is now open with a deadline on August 31st 2017.
Call for applications for the residency program:
The applicants can send their materials to apply for the residency in Prague to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Six residencies for two months each are offered in 2018 (January-December). The results will be announced on September 30, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Viktor Svoboda at email@example.com.
Completed application form - you will find it here on the Prague City of Literature website
Optional: Extract from a published text (in Czech or in English) or sample of a translated text into Czech; max 2 pages
- Cultural interest in the location
- Basic knowledge of English
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition); or two broadcast or published radio dramas; or one carried out or published theatre play; or at least one translated work of a Czech author
- Willingness to participate in the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city)
- Working on the writings during the stay
- An author who has already received the scholarship can’t apply again
The writer in residency undertakes that in the course of the residential stay or no later than two months after its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with a text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project „Prague City of Literature“, will be authorized to use to promote the Prague's residential stays. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.I
Included in the Residency
The accommodation and travel expenses are covered by the receiving organization; the residents will also receive a scholarship of €600 per month.