Culture Walks Reykjavík
Literature walk around Reykjavik with your smart phone
Reykjavík Culture Walks is a free app available in the iTunes store and Google Play Store made by Reykjavík UNESCO City of Literature and the Reykjavík City Library. In the app you can find guided literature walks in five languages: Icelandic, English, Frenceh, German and Spanish.
Walk though the Icelandic history
Explore our literary wealth through the Reykjavik Culture Walks and get to know our contemporary authors and flavourful literary history. You can walk in the steps of Nobel laureate Halldór Laxness, get to know our best contemporary crime writers and much more.
Walks for All
The app now contains walks in five languages, English, French, German, Spanish and Icelandic.
- Crime Walk dedicated to the works of Arnaldur Indriðason
- Queer Literature
- Halldór Laxness, Nobel Laureate
- Literary Reykjavík
The Settlement of Reykjavík
- La colonisation de Reykjavík
- Reykjavík Snapshots - Walk by Visiting Artist Pierre Guerry
- Novela Negra de Reykjavík
- Introducción a la literatura Islandesa
- Islandische Literatur
- Slóðir Halldórs Laxness í miðbæ Reykjavíkur (Nobel Laureate Halldór Laxness)
- Söguslóðir verka Braga Ólafssonar í Vesturbænum (Works of Bragi Ólafsson)
- Glæpasagnaganga í miðbænum (Crime Fiction Walk)
- Kennileitin í Kvosinni (Downtown Landmarks)
- Landnámið í Reykjavík (The Settlement of Reykjavík)
- Borgarmyndir - Reykjavík Snapshots by Visiting Artist Pierre Guerry